Saturday, February 11, 2017

Reviews on the Seattle Children's Film Festival Written by the Navigators


"What can we learn from the animals we love? Jump into these short animated films and find yourself transformed into deer, crocodiles, and herons, oh my! Harmonize with pigs, dance with wolves, bake with octopi and watch TV with a crocodile. Along the way, you'll learn how to be a true friend and embrace your adventures!" ~from the  Seattle Children's Film Festival website




The Navigators and the Gemstones headed up to the Rainier Arts Center and watched 14 short films called "Creature Teachers." It was perfect for integrating the arts into our study of animals, for honing our paragraph writing skills and for becoming inspired for our own  upcoming stop motion film festival.



Here are our reviews written with a topic sentence, at least three details, and a final sentence that wraps the paragraph up "with a bow."

I went to the film festival. My favorite was Piccolo Concerto. First the piccolo was not really good. Then he heard music and joined for a little bit. And then he joined back into his old band. He learned more from his old band. I loved all fourteen fun festival films. 


I went to the theater and I saw 14 movies. I like all of them. So let's jump to it! I like the animation. It looks clean. The Owl and the Lemming was cute. The Sled looked cool. It was fun. 



Today I went to the Seattle Children's Film Festival. My favorite film was Octopus. Why? Because there was an octopus and he had eight tentacles. One tentacle wanted to make a chocolate cake. The others wanted to make a piece of pie. Secretly the chocolate got into the mixing bowl. It was funny because the octopus was mad. I want to go again. 

We went to the Seattle Children's Film Festival. My favorite film was Octopus. All of his arms except one wanted to make a peach cake. But one wanted to make a chocolate cake. And he finally put it in the octopus's mouth. It was good. 


I went to the film festival. I loved the wolf film. It was cool because the wolf was doing the Nutcracker. I loved it because the wolf film was funny especially when the duck was wearing a floaty. The film had great animation. I liked the wolf film.


Today we went to the Seattle Children's Film Festival. My favorite one was Crocodile. The crocodile couldn't get the pretzel in his mouth. He tried all kinds of crazy stuff. Then he helped his friend eat. I really want to watch it again. 


Today I went to the Seattle Film Festival. My favorite film was Sled. It was about a squirrel. I liked the funny parts. I really liked it when he went fast and fell on his face. It was funny when the birds rode the sled. I really like The Sled. 


Today I went to the Seattle Film Festival. I saw 14 short films. My favorite one was the Hey Deer film. The deer whenever he went to sleep a shake happened. He kept having to clean up his books, cups, and chairs. He was inside a snow globe. It was fun. My second favorite was The Owl and the Lemming because the lemming kept tricking the owl. It was funny because the dad owl said, "do not play with your food." The owl and the lemming had a jumping contest. The owl won but the owl was in front of the lemming's hole so when the owl jumped the lemming ran under the owl and got back into his hole. I liked it. My 3rd favorite was the crocodile one. The crocodile was trying to get the pretzel in his mouth. His friend could not do it, too. They shared their pretzels and were able to eat. It was fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment